Position: Concrete Benchtop Fabricator
This opportunity is for a full time or casual position with Mitchell Bink Concrete Design.
We are looking for a reliable, hardworking, self-motivated applicant who is willing to learn, has a very strong eye for detail and is proactive.
We understand that producing concrete benchtops is a very rare trade, especially in Canberra, so we do not expect our applicants to have this experience. The position is ideal for someone who is willing to work with their hands, keen to work hard and has high attention to detail.
- Must have experience with power tools
- Asbestos and White Card is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in stone masonry, polishing and/or cabinet making is preferred but not essential
This position entails the following (but not limited to):
- Assisting the director and other staff with all work tasks;
- Follow direction and instruction from the director whilst also using initiative;
- Making and preparing moulds for production;
- Weighing out of specialised concrete mix;
- Pouring and hand packing concrete into moulds;
- Polishing and finishing concrete pieces;
- Creating concrete pieces (benchtops etc.) from start to finish;
- Take initiative to seek work when not instructed;
- Assist with delivery and installations (including minimal interstate travel);
- Stock control;
- Maintaining an organised and clean work environment;
- Performing repetitive manual handling and lifting tasks;
- Safely use power tools and mixing equipment;
- Have a strong eye for detail;
- Have the ability to work unsupervised;
- Have good knowledge of safe working principles;
- Be willing to work hard; and
- Have a drivers licence.
If you want a hands on job, have a very strong eye for detail and have the ability to work unsupervised, we want to hear from you!
Please email your cover letter and resume to Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org